Oklahoma City, OK
Get Depression Relief Without Taking a Pill! TMS Therapy in Oklahoma City, OK
Depression is a treatable illness, but standard treatments such as anti-depressant medication and lifestyle changes don’t work for everyone. If you’ve tried these treatments without success, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may be an option. Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Centers offers TMS therapy at a convenient location in Oklahoma City. TMS has a proven record of success, with more than 2,150,000 sessions provided to over 65,000 people. This treatment could help you break free from depression.
What Is TMS?
TMS therapy is a non-invasive depression treatment that is also drug-free. It works by stimulating the prefrontal cortex of your brain, which is less active when you have depression. Stimulating this part of the brain makes it more active, lifting depression and improving your mood.
When you have TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City, you sit comfortably in a chair, and a technician places an electromagnetic coil gently on your head. When they switch the device on, the coil emits magnetic pulses. These penetrate your prefrontal cortex to help it work more effectively.
TMS is a highly successful depression treatment, as our patient testimonials show.
Watch This Video to Learn about TMS
Covered by Most Insurance
TMS is covered by Medicare, TRICARE, and most private insurers for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
How Is TMS Different from Other Depression Treatments?
TMS therapy is different from other treatments in three significant ways:
1. TMS Is Drug-Free
TMS therapy is drug free, so it’s a good option for people who:
- Don’t benefit fully from depression medication
- Can’t tolerate anti-depressant side effects
- Don’t want to treat their depression with drugs
Anti-depressants simply aren’t the best choice for everyone.
2. TMS Is Non-Invasive
There are other effective depression treatments, including deep brain stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and electroconvulsive therapy. However, these involve invasive surgery or unpleasant procedures, and also require anesthesia.
TMS is different because it’s non-invasive. It’s an effective treatment that’s much more comfortable to have than these procedures.
3. TMS Treatment Is Almost Side-Effect Free
Fewer than 5% of patients stop having TMS therapy because of side effects. For those patients, the most common side effect is short-lived discomfort at or near the treatment site, during treatment. This usually subsides after the first week of treatment.
Stories from Our Patients
Find out how Kristi found hope and healing after 45 years of struggling with depression and ineffective treatments.
Relief from depression is only part of what you can expect at TMS Centers of America. You’ll also build relationships with professional, caring, and compassionate staff.
Just because you’ve suffered from anxiety and depression all of your life doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. See how TMS is changing lives every day.
If I could go back and talk to my depressed self, I think that all I’d really say is don’t wait. Don’t waste those months. Just do it. Make that change.
After the treatments were over, I realized that there was an accumulating sense of well-being, and that was something I had never experienced before. I was happy! I felt well!
I was in and out in 45 minutes and drove myself to and from. I had no side effects, wasn’t sleepy, and didn’t have an upset stomach. I actually had energy after a few treatments.
How Long Does It Take for TMS Therapy to Work?
Most people notice positive changes in their mood within two to three weeks of starting TMS therapy. For some, it happens even sooner!
Some people have booster treatments to maintain the effects of TMS. When booster treatments are needed, it usually takes a few consecutive sessions per year.
Does Insurance Cover TMS Therapy?
TMS therapy has documented success for treating medication-resistant depression, so it’s covered by most insurance providers. If you’re not sure whether your insurance company covers TMS, you can call HPR Treatment Centers for a free insurance verification. Dial (405) 701-6786, and we’ll confirm your insurance pre-approval in just a few minutes!
Get Your Life Back with TMS Therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City
Check Out Our TMS Therapy Facility in Oklahoma City!
What Else Should You Know about TMS Therapy in Oklahoma City?
What to Expect During Your First Appointment
Your first appointment has two parts. The first part involves completing some paperwork and takes around 15 minutes. The second part is an interview with the HPR Treatment Centers psychiatrist, which takes up to 45 minutes. During your chat with our psychiatrist, they review your medical and mental health history and address your questions, so you can make a confident decision!
How Long Is the Treatment Schedule?
When you become an HPR Treatment Centers patient, we’ll give you a written calendar of all your appointments, so you can make any accommodations you need for treatment.
The full course of treatment is up to six weeks, with up to five sessions a week. Then you’ll have three weeks of less frequent treatment sessions.
Who Is Eligible for TMS?
Most people with depression can benefit from TMS therapy. Some people are ineligible for treatment for reasons that aren’t directly related to the treatment. The main issue that disqualifies someone is the presence of metal in the head that can’t be removed. This can include:
- A medical device, such as a cochlear implant, vagus nerve, or deep brain stimulator
- Bullets or shrapnel
- A tattoo on the face or head that uses metallic or magnetic ink
- Some dental work (Most is acceptable.)
How Long Is a TMS Treatment?
Each treatment session at HPR Treatment Centers lasts between 18 to 19 minutes.
Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City
Many people who have TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City live in or near the city. Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City is a 15- to 20-minute drive from the downtown area:
- On N Robinson Avenue, head north. Continue onto Ron Norick Boulevard, Thunder Drive, and S Robinson Avenue. Turn left onto SW 5th Street, then turn right onto S Shields Boulevard. Merge onto I-40, then take Exit 147B to merge onto I-44 E. Continue onto OK-3 W, then take the OK-3 exit toward NW 63rd Street. Turn left onto OK-3A W, then left onto N Meridian Avenue. Your destination will be on the right.
- Or, head south on N Robinson Avenue, then turn right onto W Sheridan Avenue. Turn right onto N Hudson Avenue, then left onto W Main Street. Continue onto General Pershing Boulevard, then turn right onto N May Avenue. Continue on N May Avenue, then turn left onto NW 10th Street. Merge onto I-44 E toward Tusla. Continue onto OK-3 W, then take the OK-3 exit toward NW 63rd Street. Turn left onto OK-3A W, then left onto N Meridian Avenue. Your destination will be on the right.
From Will Rogers World Airport
Oklahoma City’s nearest airport is Will Rogers World Airport. From here, it’s a drive of 20 to 25 minutes to HPR Treatment Centers in Oklahoma City, depending on your route and traffic:
- On Terminal Drive, head south, then continue on Guy Fuller Drive. Turn right onto SW 66th Street, then turn right onto S Meridian Avenue. Continue on Amelia Earhart Lane, then turn left onto Terminal Drive. Continue onto S Meridian Avenue to merge onto OK-152 E via the I-44 ramp. Merge onto I-44 E, then continue onto OK-3 W. Take the OK-3 exit toward NW 63rd Street. Turn left onto OK-3A W, then left onto N Meridian Avenue. Your destination will be on the right.
- Or, on Terminal Drive, head south, then continue on Guy Fuller Drive. Turn right onto SW 66th Street, then turn right onto S Meridian Avenue. Continue on Amelia Earhart Lane, then turn left onto Terminal Drive. Continue onto S Meridian Avenue, then turn right onto W I 40 Service Road. Take the ramp onto I-40 E and Exit 147B to merge onto I-44 E. Continue onto OK-3 W to take the OK-3 exit toward NW 63rd Street. Turn left onto OK-3A W, then left onto N Meridian Avenue. Your destination will be on the right.
Depression is an illness that can take over your life completely, affecting your work and relationships. If depression has taken over your life, TMS therapy could help you take it back. HPR Treatment Centers offers TMS therapy in Oklahoma City, OK. To learn more about this depression treatment, call HPR Treatment Centers at (405) 701-6786, or fill out our online contact form. We’ll reach out to talk about TMS and confirm your insurance pre-approval.
- Oklahoma City, OK
Be confident with TMS Therapy!
100% Money Back Guarantee
At Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Center, we help give back what depression has taken away from you. Healthy relationships, physical energy, quality of life- everyone's list is different. We are so confident in the treatment that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee*.