Get Relief from Depression Without Taking a Pill! TMS Therapy in Millburn
Depression is a treatable illness, with standard treatments such as medication and lifestyle changes. For many people, however, these treatments just don’t work. If you’re still suffering after trying them, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may help. Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Centers is conveniently located in Millburn, New Jersey.
HPR Treatment Centers Millburn office represents a partnership with the Trinitas-St. Joseph’s Behavioral Health Network. According to Ben Klein, founder and CEO of HPR Treatment Centers, “This partnership allows us to work with two of the leading medical institutions in the state to provide a comprehensive continuum of care to treat those suffering from depression.”
With a proven track record of 2,150,000 sessions provided to over 65,000 people, TMS therapy can help you enjoy life again.
What Is TMS?
TMS is a depression treatment that is non-invasive and doesn’t involve the use of any drugs. In TMS therapy, the prefrontal cortex of your brain is stimulated with a magnetic field. This helps brain cells function and regulate your mood more effectively.
When you have TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Millburn, a technician places an electromagnetic coil gently on your head. When they switch the device on, the coil sends magnetic pulses to your prefrontal cortex to help the brain cells regulate your mood.
TMS therapy is a highly effective depression treatment, as our patient testimonials show.
Watch This Video to Learn about TMS
Covered by Most Insurance
TMS is covered by Medicare, TRICARE, and most private insurers for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
How Is TMS Different from Other Depression Treatments?
TMS therapy is different from other treatments in three significant ways:
1. TMS Is Drug-Free
This makes it a good option for people who:
- Don’t benefit fully from medication
- Can’t tolerate anti-depressant side effects
- Don’t want to take anti-depressants
Anti-depressants are effective for some people, but they’re not right for everyone. TMS therapy can be a good alternative depression treatment.
2. TMS Is Non-Invasive
Other depression treatments, like deep brain stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and electroconvulsive therapy, can be effective; however, these involve invasive surgery or unpleasant procedures, and require anesthesia. TMS is different—it’s an effective treatment that is non-invasive.
3. TMS Treatment Is Almost Side-Effect Free.
Fewer than 5% of patients stop having TMS therapy because of side effects. For those people, there can be discomfort at or near the treatment site, during treatment. This usually goes away after the first week of sessions.
Stories from Our Patients
Find out how Kristi found hope and healing after 45 years of struggling with depression and ineffective treatments.
Relief from depression is only part of what you can expect at TMS Centers of America. You’ll also build relationships with professional, caring, and compassionate staff.
Just because you’ve suffered from anxiety and depression all of your life doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. See how TMS is changing lives every day.
If I could go back and talk to my depressed self, I think that all I’d really say is don’t wait. Don’t waste those months. Just do it. Make that change.
After the treatments were over, I realized that there was an accumulating sense of well-being, and that was something I had never experienced before. I was happy! I felt well!
I was in and out in 45 minutes and drove myself to and from. I had no side effects, wasn’t sleepy, and didn’t have an upset stomach. I actually had energy after a few treatments.
How Long Does It Take TMS Therapy to Work?
Most people see some positive changes to their mood in two or three weeks of starting treatment. For some people, it happens even sooner!
TMS therapy has long-term benefits, but some people need the occasional booster treatment to stay free from depression. If you need booster sessions, you’ll probably need only a few consecutive treatments per year. Most insurance covers booster treatments.
Does Insurance Cover TMS Therapy?
TMS therapy has documented success for medication-resistant depression, which means most insurance providers cover the procedure. Not sure about your insurance coverage? No problem! Just call HPR Treatment Centers at (877) 743-8643 for a complimentary insurance verification.
Get Your Life Back with TMS Therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Millburn
What Else Should You Know about TMS Therapy in Millburn?
What to Expect On Your First Visit
Your first appointment at HPR Treatment Centers is an assessment. You’ll spend around 15 minutes completing some paperwork, then meet with our physician for up to 45 minutes. After the physician reviews your medical history, they’ll discuss the treatment with you, and you’ll have the chance to ask any questions you have. We want you to have all the information you need to make the best choice for you!
How Long Is the Treatment Schedule?
When you become a patient of ours, you’ll receive a written schedule of all your appointments, so you can make any necessary arrangements for treatment.
A full course of TMS treatments for depression includes up to six weeks of five sessions a week, then three weeks of less frequent sessions.
Who Is Eligible for TMS?
Most people with depression can benefit from TMS therapy, and most people are eligible. The main reason someone is disqualified is the presence of metal in the head that can’t be removed. This can include:
- A medical device, such as a vagus or deep brain stimulator, or a cochlear implant
- Shrapnel or bullets
- A tattoo on the face or head that uses metallic or magnetic ink
- Some dental work (Most is acceptable.)
How Long Is TMS Treatment?
Each treatment session at HPR Treatment Centers takes 18 to 19 minutes.
Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Millburn
People who visit HPR Treatment Centers in Millburn often live in or near the city. Getting to the Millburn office takes about five minutes from the downtown area:
- On Adams Avenue, head northeast, then turn right onto Birch Lane. Turn left onto Jefferson Avenue, then right onto Old Short Hills Road. Continue onto Main Street, then turn left onto Millburn Avenue. Turn left onto Holmes Street, then left onto Essex Street to arrive at your destination on the left.
- Or, on Adams Avenue, head northeast, then turn right onto Birch Lane. Turn left onto Jefferson Avenue, then right onto Old Short Hills Road. Turn right onto Lackawanna Place, then left onto Millburn Avenue. Turn left onto Holmes Street and then left onto Essex street to arrive at your destination on the left.
From Millburn Airport
Millburn’s nearest airport is Newark Liberty International Airport. From here, it’s a drive of around 20 minutes to HPR Treatment Centers in Millburn, depending on your route and traffic:
- On Express Road, merge onto the I-78 Express, then take Exit 50B toward Maplewood/Millburn. Turn right onto Vauxhall Road, then left onto Millburn Avenue. Continue onto Essex Street to arrive at your destination on the left.
- Or, on Express Road, follow signs to merge onto US-22 when able. Take the exit toward Union Millburn, then merge onto Vauxhaull Road. Turn right, and merge onto Garden State Parkway. Take Exit 142B for I-78 W, then merge onto I-78 W. Take Exit 50B toward Maplewood/Millburn. Turn right onto Vauxhall Road, then turn left onto Millburn Avenue. Continue onto Essex Street to arrive at your destination on the left.
When depression takes hold of your life, it’s hard to remember that life can be good. TMS therapy can help you remember and help you take control of your life again. To learn more about this depression treatment, call HPR Treatment Centers at (877) 743-8643, or fill out our online contact form. We’ll reach out to you to talk about the treatment and confirm your insurance pre-approval.
- Millburn, NJ