Get Relief from Depression Without Taking a Pill! TMS Therapy in Medford
Depression has many treatment options, but the standard treatments, such as medication and lifestyle changes, don’t help everyone. If you’ve tried these treatments but are still suffering from depression, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may help. Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Centers (HPRTC) is conveniently located in Medford, NJ and offers TMS therapy for people with depression. With more than 2,150,000 sessions provided to over 65,000 people, TMS therapy has a proven track record of success—and may be able to help you, too.
What Is TMS?
TMS is a depression treatment that is non-invasive and drug-free. In TMS therapy, a magnetic field is used to stimulate the prefrontal cortex of the brain. The prefrontal cortex is where mood is regulated, and in people with depression, it has a lower activity level than normal.
When you have TMS therapy at HPRTC, a technician places an electromagnetic coil gently on your head. They switch the device on, and the coil sends magnetic pulses to your prefrontal cortex. This stimulates the activity level of this part of the brain to help it regulate mood more effectively.
TMS therapy is a highly effective depression treatment, as our patient testimonials demonstrate.
Watch This Video to Learn about TMS
TMS Therapy: Are You Covered?
How is TMS Different from Other Depression Treatments?
TMS therapy is different from other treatments in three significant ways:
1. It’s Drug-Free.
Because TMS therapy doesn’t involve any kind of medication, it’s a good option for people who:
- Don’t benefit fully from anti-depressant medication
- Experience unpleasant or unwanted medication side effects
- Don’t want to take medication for depression
Anti-depressants do help many people, but they’re not a good option for everyone. TMS therapy can be a good alternative to get relief from depression.
2. It’s Non-Invasive.
There are other options for drug-free depression treatment. These include electroconvulsive therapy, vagus nerve stimulation, and deep brain stimulation. But they involve invasive surgery or unpleasant procedures, as well as anesthesia. TMS therapy is an improvement on these because it’s effective and non-invasive.
3. It’s Virtually Side-Effect Free.
Fewer than 5% of patients discontinue TMS therapy because of side effects. Of those who do, the most common side effect is temporary discomfort at or near the treatment site, during the treatment. This side effect usually stops after the first week of treatment.
Stories from Our Patients
Find out how Kristi found hope and healing after 45 years of struggling with depression and ineffective treatments.
Relief from depression is only part of what you can expect at TMS Centers of America. You’ll also build relationships with professional, caring, and compassionate staff.
Just because you’ve suffered from anxiety and depression all of your life doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. See how TMS is changing lives every day.
If I could go back and talk to my depressed self, I think that all I’d really say is don’t wait. Don’t waste those months. Just do it. Make that change.
After the treatments were over, I realized that there was an accumulating sense of well-being, and that was something I had never experienced before. I was happy! I felt well!
I was in and out in 45 minutes and drove myself to and from. I had no side effects, wasn’t sleepy, and didn’t have an upset stomach. I actually had energy after a few treatments.
Hope starts here. Find out if TMS is right for you.
How Long Does It Take for TMS Therapy to Work?
For most people, it takes just two to three weeks of TMS therapy to see positive changes. For some people, it happens even sooner!
The effects of TMS last a long time, but are not always permanent. Some people need booster treatments to maintain their results. When booster treatments are needed, it’s usually just one time per year.
Does Insurance Cover Medford TMS Therapy?
TMS therapy is proven effective for depression, so most insurance companies cover the full course of treatment, as well as any booster treatments that are needed.
If you’re not sure whether your insurance company will cover your treatment, don’t worry! You can call HPRTC any time for a free insurance verification. Dial (800) 688-3609 to confirm your insurance pre-approval.
Get Your Life Back with TMS Therapy at HPRTC in Medford!
If you’re in or near Medford, NJ and want to learn more about how TMS can help treat your depression, call us at (800) 688-3609, or contact us online to receive a callback shortly.
What Else Should You Know about TMS Therapy in Medford?
What to Expect During Your First Appointment?
Your first appointment at HPRTC takes around one hour. You’ll first spend 15 minutes completing paperwork and then meet with our psychiatrist for up to 45 minutes. The psychiatrist will review your medical and mental health history, and you’ll have the chance to ask questions and voice any concerns you have.
How Long Is the Treatment Schedule?
When you become an HPRTC patient, you’ll receive a written schedule of all your appointments to help you plan your calendar.
The full course of treatment is usually up to six weeks, with up to five sessions a week. Then you’ll have three weeks of less frequent treatments.
Who Is Eligible for TMS?
TMS therapy can benefit most people with depression, and most people are eligible for treatment. People with non-removable metal in their head or face may be unable to have TMS. Non-removable may include:
- A medical device, such as cochlear implant, a deep brain stimulator, or a vagus stimulator
- Shrapnel or bullets
- A tattoo on the face or head that uses magnetic or metallic ink
- Some kinds of dental work (Most is acceptable.)
How Long Is a TMS Treatment?
Each treatment session at HPRTC takes 20 minutes.
Getting to HPRTC in Medford
|Monday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Tuesday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Wednesday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Thursday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
|Friday||8:00 AM - 6:00 PM|
Many people who have TMS therapy at HPRTC in Medford live in or near the city. Getting to HPRTC in Medford is a short drive of 3 to 5 minutes from the downtown area:
- On 620 W/Tuckerton Road, head northwest. Turn left onto Taunton Boulevard to arrive at your destination on the left.
- Or, on 620 W/Tuckerton Road, head southeast, then turn right onto Heath Road. Turn right onto Fairview road, then merge onto Breakneck Road. Turn right onto Hopewell Road, then right onto Taunton Boulevard to arrive at your destination on the right.
From Medford Airport
Medford’s nearest airport is Trenton-Mercer Airport. From here, it’s a drive of around 50 minutes to HPRTC in Medford, depending on your route and traffic:
- On Sam Weinroth Road, head south, then turn left onto Bear Tavern Road. Continue onto Grand Avenue, then continue onto Sullivan Way. Move onto NJ-29 S, then take Exit 60A-60B for I-295. Merge onto I-295 S. Take Exit 43A toward Rancocas Woods, then merge onto Creek Road. Turn right onto Masonville Centerton Road, then continue onto Ark Road. Turn right onto Hainesport Road, then turn left onto Hartford Road. Turn right onto Taunton Road to arrive at your destination on the left.
- On Sam Weinroth Road, head south, then turn left onto Bear Tavern Road. Continue onto Grand Avenue, then continue onto Sullivan Way. Move onto NJ-29 S, then take Exit 60A-60B for I-295. Merge onto I-295 S. Take Exit 36A toward Mt Laurel, then merge onto NJ-73 S. Stay on NJ-73 S until Commonwealth Drive, then turn left onto Commonwealth Drive. Turn left onto Evans Road, then turn right onto Marlton Parkway. Continue onto Taunton Lake Road, then onto Tomlinson Mill Road. Turn left onto Taunton Boulevard to arrive at your destination on the right.
Depression is more than a state of mind—it takes over your life too, affecting work, home life, and relationships. HPRTC in Medford, NJ offers TMS therapy, a depression treatment that could transform your life. To learn more about TMS, call HPRTC in Medford at (800) 688-3609, or fill out our online contact form. We’ll reach out to talk about treatment and confirm your insurance pre-approval.
- Medford, NJ