Get Relief from Depression Without Taking a Pill! TMS Therapy in Lombard
Depression is a treatable illness, but for many people, standard treatments, such as medication and lifestyle changes, just don’t work. If you’ve tried these and are still suffering, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may help. Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Centers (HPRTC) is conveniently located in Lombard, IL. With a proven track record of 2,150,000 treatments administered to over 65,000 people, TMS therapy can help you get back to a life of joy.
What Is TMS?
TMS is a depression treatment that’s non-invasive and doesn’t involve the use of any medications. In TMS therapy, the prefrontal cortex of your brain is stimulated with a magnetic field. This helps brain cells function more effectively to regulate your mood.
In TMS therapy, an HPRTC technician places an electromagnetic coil gently on your head and then turns the device on. The coil sends magnetic pulses to your prefrontal cortex, the region of the brain that regulates mood.
TMS therapy is a highly effective treatment for depression, as our own patients’ testimonials demonstrate.
Watch This Video to Learn about TMS
TMS Therapy: Are You Covered?
What Makes TMS Different from Other Depression Treatments?
TMS therapy differs from other depression treatments in three important ways:
1. TMS Is Drug-Free
TMS therapy is an effective depression treatment therapy for those who:
- don’t fully benefit from medication
- can’t tolerate the side effects of medication
- aren’t interested in taking anti-depressant drugs
While anti-depressants help many people, not everyone benefits from them. Some people have health issues that make depression medications intolerable. TMS therapy can be a viable option for depression relief.
2. TMS Therapy Is Non-Invasive
Other depression treatments, such as deep brain stimulation, vagus nerve stimulation, and electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), can treat depression, but involve invasive surgery or unpleasant procedures, and they require anesthesia. TMS therapy is both effective and non-invasive.
3. TMS Treatment Is Virtually Side-Effect Free
Fewer than 5% of patients discontinue TMS therapy due to side effects. For those patients, there can be temporary discomfort at or near the treatment site while treatment is happening. This usually subsides after the first week of treatment.
Stories from Our Patients
Find out how Kristi found hope and healing after 45 years of struggling with depression and ineffective treatments.
Relief from depression is only part of what you can expect at TMS Centers of America. You’ll also build relationships with professional, caring, and compassionate staff.
Just because you’ve suffered from anxiety and depression all of your life doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. See how TMS is changing lives every day.
If I could go back and talk to my depressed self, I think that all I’d really say is don’t wait. Don’t waste those months. Just do it. Make that change.
After the treatments were over, I realized that there was an accumulating sense of well-being, and that was something I had never experienced before. I was happy! I felt well!
I was in and out in 45 minutes and drove myself to and from. I had no side effects, wasn’t sleepy, and didn’t have an upset stomach. I actually had energy after a few treatments.
Hope starts here. Find out if TMS is right for you.
How Long Does It Take TMS Therapy to Work?
Most people notice positive changes to their mood within two to three weeks of starting TMS therapy — some even sooner!
The effects of TMS therapy are long-term, but booster treatments may be needed to stay depression-free. If you need booster treatments, you’ll likely only need one once a year. Most insurance covers booster treatments.
Does Your Insurance Cover Lombard TMS Therapy?
With the documented success of TMS treating medication-resistant depression, most insurers cover the procedure. Not sure if your insurance covers TMS? Don’t worry! HPR Treatment Centers provides a complimentary insurance verification. Just call us at 760-203-4471 to confirm your insurance pre-approval, if applicable.
Get Your Life Back with TMS Therapy at HPRTC in Lombard
If you’re in Lombard and ready to learn more about how TMS therapy can help you break free from depression, call us at 760-203-4471, or contact us online to receive a call back shortly.
What Else Should You Know about TMS Therapy in Lombard?
What Should I Expect During My First Appointment?
You’ll complete some paperwork, which typically takes no more than 15 minutes. Then you’ll meet with our psychiatrist. They will review your medical and mental health history and answer every question and concern you have. Our goal is to help you make a confident, comfortable decision! This meeting usually lasts up to 45 minutes.
How Long Is the Treatment Schedule?
When you become an HPRTC patient, you’ll receive a written schedule with your full course of treatment, so you can make any accommodations necessary for treatment. In most cases, treatment lasts four to six weeks.
Who Is Eligible for TMS?
Most people with depression can benefit from TMS therapy, but a small number of people are ineligible for reasons that don’t relate directly to the treatment. If you have any kind of non-removable metal in your head, you won’t be able to have TMS treatments because the metal reacts unfavorably with magnetic energy. That includes:
- A medical device, such as a cochlear implant or a vagus nerve or deep brain stimulator
- Bullets or shrapnel
- A facial tattoo with magnetic or metallic ink
- Some dental work (Most work is acceptable.)
How Long Is Each TMS Treatment?
One session of TMS therapy at the HPRTC treatment center in Lombard takes around 18 to 20 minutes. A typical course of treatment involves up to five sessions a week, for four to six weeks.
Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Lombard
|Monday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Tuesday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Wednesday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Thursday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
|Friday||7:00 AM - 7:00 PM|
Getting to our office in Lombard is a short, three-mile drive from the downtown area. It typically takes less than 10 minutes to make the journey:
- On S Grace Street, head south. Turn right onto E Wilson Road, then turn left onto S Stewart Avenue. Turn right onto IL-38 W/E Roosevelt Road, then turn left onto Highland Avenue. Continue on Highland Avenue until you arrive at your destination on the right.
- Or, on S Grace Street, head south. Turn right onto E Madison Street, then turn left onto S Main Street. Turn left onto E 22nd Street, then right on Highland Avenue. Continue on Highland Avenue until you arrive at your destination on the right.
From O’Hare International Airport
From O’Hare, it’s a drive of 25 to 30 minutes to HPR Treatment Centers in Lombard, depending on your route and traffic:
- On I-190 W, head southwest, and take the exit toward Bessie Coleman Drive. Turn right onto Bessie Colman Drive, then get on the I-190 ramp to I-90/Chicago/I-294. Merge onto I-190 E, take Exit 1D, and merge onto I-294 S. Take Exit 31A to merge onto I-88 W, then take Exit 134 for Highland Avenue, and merge onto Highland Avenue. On Highland Avenue, turn left onto E Janata Boulevard. Turn right onto Highland Lake Drive, then right onto E 22nd Turn right onto S Highland Avenue to arrive at your destination on the right.
- Or, on I-190 W, head southwest, and take the exit toward Bessie Coleman Drive. Turn right onto Bessie Colman Drive, then get on the I-190 ramp to I-90/Chicago/I-294. Merge onto I-190 E, then take Exit 1D, merging onto I-294 S. Take Exit 33 to merge onto I-290 W, then take Exit 10A for IL-83 S. On IL 83 S, use the IL-56 ramp to merge onto IL-56/W Butterfield Road. On IL-56, turn right onto S Meyers Road, then turn left onto E 22nd Street. Turn left onto S Highland Avenue to arrive at your destination on the right.
- Lombard, IL
Be confident with TMS Therapy!
100% Money Back Guarantee
At Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Center, we help give back what depression has taken away from you. Healthy relationships, physical energy, quality of life- everyone's list is different. We are so confident in the treatment that we offer a 100% Money Back Guarantee*.