Colorado Springs, CO
Get Relief from Depression Without Taking a Pill! TMS Therapy in Colorado Springs
Depression is a common mental illness that affects millions of people every year. Standard treatments such as medication and lifestyle changes can help, but they don’t work for everyone. If you’ve tried the standard treatments but haven’t found any relief, transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS) may be able to help you. Hope Peace Recovery Treatment Centers offers TMS therapy in a convenient Colorado Springs location. With 2,150,000 sessions provided to over 65,000 people to date, TMS is proven to be successful for treating depression.
What Is TMS?
TMS is a depression treatment that is both drug-free and non-invasive. In TMS therapy, the prefrontal cortex of the brain is exposed to electromagnetic energy. This is the part of the brain where mood is regulated. In people with depression, the ability for the prefrontal cortex to regulate mood is suppressed. The electromagnetic energy we use in TMS therapy provides the stimulation the prefrontal cortex needs to work more effectively.
When you have TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers, a technician places an electromagnetic coil gently on your head. They turn the device on to send magnetic pulses to your prefrontal cortex for the duration of the treatment.
Watch This Video to Learn about TMS
Covered by Most Insurance
TMS is covered by Medicare, TRICARE, and most private insurers for the treatment of major depressive disorder.
How Is TMS Different from Other Depression Treatments?
TMS therapy is different from other treatments for three important reasons:
1. TMS Is Drug-Free
TMS therapy is completely drug free. This means it’s a good option for people who:
- Don’t benefit fully from anti-depressant medication
- Can’t tolerate medication side effects
- Don’t want to take anti-depressants
Anti-depressants help many people, but they’re not suitable for everyone. TMS therapy is an effective, drug-free alternative to treat depression.
2. TMS Is Non-Invasive
There are some other options for people who want to try depression treatment, like electroconvulsive therapy and brain stimulators. But they involve anesthesia or invasive surgery or procedures. TMS doesn’t involve any invasive or unpleasant procedures.
3. TMS Treatment Is Almost Side-Effect Free.
Fewer than 5% of patients stop their TMS therapy due to side effects. Most people who have side effects only experience temporary discomfort at the treatment site, during the treatment. For people who have this side effect, it usually subsides after the first week of treatment.
Stories from Our Patients
Find out how Kristi found hope and healing after 45 years of struggling with depression and ineffective treatments.
Relief from depression is only part of what you can expect at TMS Centers of America. You’ll also build relationships with professional, caring, and compassionate staff.
Just because you’ve suffered from anxiety and depression all of your life doesn’t mean you have to live with it forever. See how TMS is changing lives every day.
If I could go back and talk to my depressed self, I think that all I’d really say is don’t wait. Don’t waste those months. Just do it. Make that change.
After the treatments were over, I realized that there was an accumulating sense of well-being, and that was something I had never experienced before. I was happy! I felt well!
I was in and out in 45 minutes and drove myself to and from. I had no side effects, wasn’t sleepy, and didn’t have an upset stomach. I actually had energy after a few treatments.
How Long Does It Take for TMS Therapy to Work?
Most people who have TMS notice positive mood changes after just two to three weeks of starting treatment – some even sooner!
The positive effects of TMS can last a long time, but some people need booster treatments to stay depression-free. If you need booster treatments, it’ll most likely be a few consecutive sessions per year.
Does Insurance Cover TMS Therapy?
TMS therapy has proven success in treating depression, so most insurance companies provide coverage. Insurance covers the cost of booster treatments in most cases too. If you’re not sure about your insurance coverage, call HPR Treatment Centers at 1-800-469-1759 for a free insurance verification. It takes just a few minutes to confirm your insurance pre-approval!
Get Your Life Back with TMS Therapy at HPR Treatment Center in Colorado Springs
What Else Should You Know about TMS Therapy in Colorado Springs?
What to Expect On Your First Visit
Your first appointment at HPR Treatment Centers is an assessment. You’ll spend around 15 minutes completing some paperwork, then meet with our physician for up to 45 minutes. After the physician reviews your medical history, they’ll discuss the treatment with you, and you’ll have the chance to ask any questions you have. We want you to have all the information you need to make the best choice for you!
How Long Is the Treatment Schedule?
When you become a patient, HPR Treatment Centers will give you a written schedule of all your appointments. This will help you plan your treatment calendar around your everyday life.
The full course of treatment is typically five sessions a week for up to six weeks, then a three-week period of less frequent sessions.
Who Is Eligible for TMS?
Most people with depression can benefit from TMS therapy, and most people are suitable candidates, but there is one main exception. If you have any metal in your head that can’t be removed, you may not be able to have TMS.
Non-removable metal can include:
- A medical device, such as a vagus or deep brain stimulator, or a cochlear implant
- Shrapnel or bullets
- A tattoo on the face or head that uses metallic or magnetic ink
- Some dental work (Most is okay.)
How Long Is TMS Treatment?
Each TMS therapy session at HPR Treatment Centers takes 18 to 19 minutes.
Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Colorado Springs
Many people who have TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Colorado Springs live in or near the city. Getting to HPR Treatment Centers in Colorado Springs is a drive of around 20 minutes from the downtown area:
- On Pikes Peak Avenue, turn right onto N Nevada Avenue. Turn left onto E Bijou Street, then continue onto W Bijou Street. Turn right onto I-25 N, and take Exit 149 for Woodmen Road. On E Woodmen Road, turn right onto Tutt Boulevard. Stay on Tutt Boulevard for the next two traffic circles. At the third circle, take the fourth exit to stay on Tutt Boulevard heading in the opposite direction. You’ll find your destination on the right.
- Or, on Pikes Peak Avenue, turn right onto N Nevada Avenue. Turn right onto E Platte Avenue, and continue on to merge onto CO-21 N/N Powers Boulevard. Turn right onto Dublin Boulevard, then left onto Templeton Gap Road. Continue onto Tutt Boulevard. At the traffic circle, take the second exit to stay on Tutt Boulevard, and arrive at your destination on the right.
From Colorado Springs Airport
This region’s main airport is Colorado Springs Airport. From here it’s a drive of 20 to 25 minutes to HPR Treatment Centers in Colorado Springs, depending on your route and traffic:
- On Milton E. Proby Parkway, turn right onto CO-21 S/S Powers Boulevard. Continue onto US-24 and then CO-21 N/N Powers Boulevard. Turn right onto Dublin Boulevard, then left onto Templeton Gap Road. Continue onto Tutt Boulevard. At the traffic circle take the second exit to stay on Tutt Boulevard, and arrive at your destination on the right.
- Or, on Milton E. Proby Parkway, turn right onto CO-21 S/S Powers Boulevard. Continue onto US-24, and take the exit toward Limon to continue on US-24 E/E Platt Avenue. Turn left to Exit US-24 onto Marksheffel Road. Turn left onto Dublin Boulevard, then right onto Black Forest Road. Turn left onto Wolf Ridge Road, then left onto Templeton Gap Road. At the traffic circle take the first exit onto Tutt Boulevard to arrive at your destination on the right.
Depression makes life harder and makes it harder to remember what happiness feels like. TMS therapy at HPR Treatment Centers in Colorado Springs could help you find your happiness again.
To learn more about TMS therapy call HPR Treatment Centers at 1-800-469-1759, or fill out our online contact form. We’ll reach out to you to talk about treatment and your insurance pre-approval.
- Colorado Springs, CO